Business Plan Essentials for the Busy General Contractor and Home Builder
Live your dream business today! Create a Mini Business Plan and have MORE Income, more free time, and the business success you’ve been seeking!
Business Plan Guide, Sample Business Plans, Marketing Tools, e-course & more!
Purchase the Two Page Mini Business Plan™ today and discover how successful general contractors and home builders achieve their financial goals using Suzanne’s sample Business Plans
- How to create motivational GOALS
- How to develop proven growth strategies
- How to select marketing tactics to attract new clients
- How to make your brand stand out
You need a written Business Plan in order to create the life you want
One of the biggest mistakes general contractors and home builders make is not having a Business Plan.
You’re a general contrator. You did it. You quit your day job. You took the contractors exam and now you are a home builder. You begged, borrowed and scraped together the money to start up your business, but you’re not sure about your next steps.
You can’t understand why you have less time, less money and no life – you had all those things when you had a “real” job. After all, you didn’t become an entrepreneur to have your life high-jacked; you did it to become your own boss. You wanted to offer a great product or service to your clients, take pride in your accomplishments, and do it on your own terms. You’re certain you have the beginnings of something good, but there’s something missing. What is it?
I talk to home designers and contractors on a regular basis. I listen as they tell their tales of late nights, empty bank accounts, and hard work. In most cases these entrepreneurs have one thing in common – they have failed to put their ideas to paper. Most are challenged by the day to day details of managing the business and they simply have never written a business plan.
I ask them “Would you go on a road trip without mapping out your destination? Would you build a house without blueprints? Would you make a gourmet meal without a recipe?” No, they answer they wouldn’t. But somehow they have failed to make the connection between having a successful business and planning for success.
There is more to business success than having a big bank account. One company I know grew their business from two partners with a wood saw, small shop and one-project to a multi-project company with numerous subcontractors performing the work. Sales skyrocketed, but the company was less successful and far less profitable than it was when it was small. Why is that? The company had no vision, no mission, no objectives, no strategies and no plans to build the business into something truly successful. It’s “take every job”, miss-manage the cash flow, and try to get by. It’s easier to do nothing and just bring in the money than it is to actually plan, strategize and agree upon the true direction of the company.
If this sounds like you, don’t be discouraged. It’s really quite common. The challenge is to rise above the norm and take your business one step further. Make sure your business is around in five years by creating a Business Plan that lays out your objectives and creates a path to follow that leads to long-term success.
Are you ready to take the Contractors Challenge? Get out a piece of paper and answer the following questions.
1. What is the vision of your company? What will the company be known for? What is your role? How will you spend your time in the organization? What will the company look like in 5 years?
2. What is your company mission? Why does this business exist? Why will your customers buy this product or service? What value does this product or service provide the client? What passion are you satisfying by building this business?
3. What are the goals of this business? What are the specific measures? How many paying clients will you have and by what date? What are your sales objectives for 2010? 2011? 2012? What are your personal objectives? How many hours a week will you work? What days will you work? How much will you save for retirement? When will you take vacations? How will you create balance in your life? How will you deal with stress? Will you plan for diet and exercise?
4. What strategies do you have to grow this business over time? How will you promote and sell to your customers? What opportunities exist? How can you capitalize on them? What threats exist? How can you minimize them?
5. Finally, what are your marketing activities, the intricate details to get the work done? Who will do each action item, and when will it be done? Be sure to include dates in your plan. What are the next steps?
While a business plan cannot guarantee success, it can certainly help to map out a path for you to follow that will yield results in the form of a more balanced life, lasting abundance, and pride in a thriving business.
This is what you get with my program:
1. Two-Page Mini Business Plan™, PDF Template – For brainstorming and hand-written notations
2. Two-Page Mini Business Plan™, Word Template – To create your final Digital Business Plan for saving and printing as needed
3. Seventeen Page Instruction E-Book
4. Sample – General Contractor – Home Builder Business Plan
Many other industry Plans
BONUS – The Success Book Daily Action Planner – – How to focus on your goals
BONUS – Marketing Activities Idea Bank – loaded with marketing ideas to build your business
BONUS – Marketing Calendar Spreadsheet – enter all your marketing tactics into the color-coded excel calendar to plan your activities efficiently
BONUS – Marketing Return On Investment Spreadsheet – measure your marketing results to determine what you should do more of and what you should let go
Important BONUS!! Emailed E-Course – Written by Suzanne Muusers – coach to successful entrepreneurs -this ecourse is all about how to build a profitable, branded business. This six day automated E-Course is emailed directly to you and will give you tips, tools, strategies, and unique ideas you can use to write a Business Plan of true value.
What does this program cost?
Regular Price $199.95
$59.99 (US Dollars)
30-Day Money Back Guarantee
Sample Business Plans • Tax Deductible
6-Day E-Course • Fill-in-the-blank Template
If you hired me for six months to work on designing a winning business and marketing plan you would spend over $3000.00. By purchasing this program, you are learning in a week what it took me years and years to discover. You will cut years off your learning curve with the sample plans provided.
My Personal Guarantee!
If you’re not completely satisfied with my program after completing the plan and using the tools — I’ll return your money!
I’m 100% confident that my package will be the absolute best, most complete and most useful system to create a plan that gets results.
More than that, I’m confident that if you employ all the techniques and resources I share with you, you’ll gain a noticeable amount of new business over the next year and beyond.
So if the system isn’t everything you were expecting, and all my tips and resources don’t produce the results you were looking for, just ask me for a refund within three months of your purchase.
No reason needed. No questions asked.
Bonus Reason to purchase today! You are purchasing this program to improve your business, therefore your purchase is 100% tax deductible. That makes this an even better deal — you really can’t lose!
Other Business Plan Articles:
That’s my promise.
Prosperity Coaching LLC
About Suzanne Muusers:
Suzanne Muusers is an ICF-Member Business Coach who has worked with hundreds of successful clients including independent financial advisors, hedge fund managers, and private bankers since 2004. She helps clients develop their Value Proposition, Ideal Client Profile, and Brand Strategy so that their marketing message appeals to affluent clients.