Wine Bar Business Plan
How to Start a Wine Bar
Hello, I am Suzanne Muusers, Business Coach to Entrepreneurs and Financial Advisors
Wine, wine everywhere. It seems that wine is all the rage. There are wine bars, wine cafes, wine restaurants, wine products, and wine paraphernalia ad nausea. Wine can be such a delicious beverage when it’s served in an environment of comfort and ease. That’s why now is such a good time to start a wine bar – I don’t think wine will ever lose its popularity.
If you’re like me, you often dream of opening a wine bar. I see myself behind the bar serving Chardonnays and Cabernets to "regulars" and discussing the delicacies of the grape like a historian would discuss history. I think this comes from how much fun my husband and I had organizing a wine tasting with our friends Ben and Natalie a few years ago. The evening was delightful with conversation, tastings, appetizers, and opinions of the wines we each preferred flying around with humor and fun.
While doing what you love will always be fun, if you’re considering starting a wine bar, there are several steps you should take to ensure the success of your wine bar venture. The three most important issues are location, market research, and your Business Plan.
1. Location, location, location – I have a twenty year history of upscale retail business management and if there’s one thing I’ve learned, it’s vitally important where you chose to open your wine bar. The location must be visible, upscale, and have plenty of parking. In a shopping center, forget any location that is not easily visible from the main points of entry. To gauge foot traffic, sit in front of the location for one hour at several times during the week. If you are not seeing significant traffic passing by, the location is not for you. The price you pay for your location is also critical. If you pay too much, you’ll be "working for the landlord" and will have a tough time making a profit. If your negotiation skills are weak, find or hire someone to negotiate a favorable lease for you.
2. Market Research – Who lives within a five mile radius of your chosen location? What is the median household income? Is there a built in population that would support your wine bar? What does this population do in their spare time? What competition exists nearby? You don’t want to open within two square miles of an existing wine bar. The answers to these questions are crucial to the success of your wine bar, so the more work you do upfront, the better off you’ll be.
3. The Business Plan and your marketing efforts – To me the most enjoyable part of starting a wine bar is marketing the business. I engaged in writing experiment to see what my wine bar would look like in regards to branding, sales, and marketing. Since wine is such a beautiful visual concept, the branding for your wine bar is essential. Hire an expert illustrator to design your Business Identity, business cards, and Web site. I can visualize an exciting identity with large wine glasses, oversized grapes, wine bottles, and the like using bold colors in an artful illustration. I highly recommend Art Guy Creative for his branding expertise, artistic abilities, and great Search Engine Optimization knowledge. You’ll want to hire someone who is not only an artistic web site designer, but has knowledge of SEO. Next, your marketing plan must be creative and capture sign ups to your ezine (your online magazine) through your wine bar patrons. Offer them something free to get them on your list. Then, organize at least 3-5 special events or marketing activities to keep patrons coming in on a regular basis. See my example Business Plan for a Wine Bar that’s included in my Two Page Mini Business Plan package.
ConclusionWhile you should love what you do, starting a wine bar is a business and the more planning you do the more successful you’ll be. The key to successful ventures is always revenue and maximizing the volume of customers coming in the door. This comes from intelligent, innovative marketing strategies. One thing’s for sure however, wine is here to stay. So as they say, "Where there is plenty of wine, sorrow and worry take wing." Start on the road today to opening your own wine business! Write a Business Plan!
Business Plan Guide, Sample Business Plans, Marketing Tools, e-course & more!
Click below to purchase
This is what you get with the Two Page Mini Business Plan:
1. Two-Page Mini Business Plan™, PDF Template – For brainstorming and hand-written notations
2. Two-Page Mini Business Plan™, Word Template – To create your final Digital Business Plan for saving and printing as needed
3. Seventeen Page Instruction E-Book – The Six Step Guide to Writing a Business Plan That will bring you the income and free time you’ve been seeking!
Here are the Bonuses you get for ordering today:
BONUS – Sample – Wine Bar Business Plan
BONUS – Many other industry Plans
BONUS – The Success Book Daily Action Planner – How to focus on your goals
BONUS – Marketing Activities Idea Bank – loaded with marketing ideas to build your business
BONUS – Marketing Calendar Spreadsheet – enter all your marketing tactics into the color-coded excel calendar to plan your activities efficiently
BONUS – Marketing Return On Investment Spreadsheet – measure your marketing results to determine what you should do more of and what you should let go
Important BONUS!! Emailed E-Course – Written by Suzanne Muusers – coach to successful entrepreneurs -this ecourse is all about how to build a profitable, branded business. This six day automated E-Course is emailed directly to you and will give you tips, tools, strategies, and unique ideas you can use to write a Plan of true value.
WHY was this program created?
My name is Suzanne Muusers. I’m an ICF-Member Business Coach. I have been coaching successful entrepreneurs since 2004. I found that my clients were reluctant to complete the typical thirty-plus plan so I developed this two page program with sample plans. Business owners can quickly pinpoint the strategies and activities needed to grow their business. This program contains everything I have learned from coaching successful entrepreneurs for many years.
What does this program cost?
Regular Price $199.95
$59.99 (US Dollars)
30-Day Money Back Guarantee
Sample Business Plans • Tax Deductible
6-Day E-Course • Fill-in-the-blank Template
If you hired me for six months to work on designing a winning business and marketing plan you would spend over $3000.00. By purchasing this program, you are learning in a week what it took me years and years to discover. You will cut years off your learning curve with the sample plans provided.
My Personal Guarantee!
If you’re not completely satisfied with my program after completing the plan and using the tools — I’ll return your money!
I’m 100% confident that my package will be the absolute best, most complete and most useful system to create a plan that gets results.
More than that, I’m confident that if you employ all the techniques and resources I share with you, you’ll gain a noticeable amount of new business over the next year and beyond.
So if the system isn’t everything you were expecting, and all my tips and resources don’t produce the results you were looking for, just ask me for a refund within three months of your purchase.
No reason needed. No questions asked.
Bonus Reason to purchase today! You are purchasing this program to improve your business, therefore your purchase is 100% tax deductible. That makes this an even better deal — you really can’t lose!
Other Business Plan Articles:
That’s my promise.
Prosperity Coaching LLC
About Suzanne Muusers:
Suzanne Muusers is an ICF-Member Business Coach who has worked with hundreds of successful clients including independent financial advisors, hedge fund managers, and private bankers since 2004. She helps clients develop their Value Proposition, Ideal Client Profile, and Brand Strategy so that their marketing message appeals to affluent clients.